AREA RUG CLEANINGProfessional area & oriental rug cleaning in Springfield
Springfield Area Rug Cleaners
Area rugs are beautiful, but they’re prone to getting dirty and losing that beauty. Let Purely Clean Chem-Dry bring the colors and patterns of your area rugs back to their original beauty. Our professionals can clean almost any area rug and have it looking virtually as good as new. Our cleaning products won’t leave a sticky residue that attracts dirt, so your area rugs will stay cleaner longer. With an application of the Chem-Dry Protectant, your area rugs will stand up better against the spills, stains and mishaps of everyday life. Ask about all of Chem-Dry’s services that are available to ensure a deep-cleaned area rug.
1985 W Hilltop Rd, Ozark, MO 65721
Drop Your Area Rug Off At Our Facility
Purely Clean Chem-Dry ensures your rugs are carefully handled and cleaned only by our certified, trained specialists. They are experts in area rug cleaning and perform a thorough evaluation to determine the safest, most effective method of cleaning your valuable rug, whether it needs to be cleaned in your home or at our facility to achieve optimum results. Chem-Dry operators that feature the Area Rug Expert seal have been trained in the processes, equipment and cleaning solutions from Chem-Dry to identify and best care for your rugs.
Due to a wide variety of construction materials and styles of area rugs, your Purely Clean Chem-Dry technician will provide an analysis and prepare a no-obligation quote. Call today to learn more or to get a free estimate!
Authentic Gentle Washing for Fine Textiles
Your oriental and area rugs are not just treasures; they are your very valuable investments. That’s why Purely Clean Chem-Dry cleans them with such care and attention to detail. Utilizing the basic elements of air and naturally carbonating water, Chem-Dry uses specialized tools and equipment designed for area rugs. We provide an effective, yet gentle, cleaning process that is powerfully soft. Our specialized drying technique will minimize wicking and preserve the dye within the fibers of your rug. This leaves the colors of your area rug vibrant just like the day you bought it.
Types of Rugs That We Clean
Rug Care Tips
A good emergency spotting system is simple, and all you need is club soda (or soda water), white vinegar, and cotton towels.
BLOT – RINSE – BLOT
- Immediately blot the wet area with a white cotton towel. Do not scrub the affected area, as this untwists and breaks the wool, silk, or cotton face fibers. (with a dense substance, use a spoon or other curved tool to scoop up as much as you can before you begin blotting.)
- Look at the wet towel for two things: is the spill absorbing into the towel, and also, are any of the rug’s dyes absorbing into the towel.
- If the rug’s dyes are absorbing into the towel, blot a bit more and then STOP. No more work can be done to this area without causing the area’s dyes to bleed together. This type of damage can devalue your rug, so you want to stop before you make it worse. At this point, you can pack the area with corn starch (or salt) and this will absorb the moisture and the spill into the powder.
- If the rug’s dyes are NOT absorbing into the towel then place a folded towel underneath the affected area and using a sponge dampened with club soda and blot the affected area. (if it is a pet stain or other damaging acid stain), then you can pack the area with corn starch. The corn starch will pull up more of the spill as it dries. It is very absorbent. Do NOT use baking soda! Do NOT use any household spot removers!
Pet Urine & Vomit Stains
- Pet urine and vomit stains are the worst stains on an oriental rug. If you do not get to them right away, you can have permanent dye loss, dye migration (“bleeding”), urea discoloration, food dye discoloration, and of course odor.
- With a pet accident, you want to follow the same steps except you substitute white vinegar for club soda. The vinegar will help lessen the dye bleed risk and will help suspend and help you blot away the acidic urine or vomit.
- Get the area dried thoroughly. You want to make sure the innermost cotton fibers of your rug are 100% dry, so elevate the rug to dry for at least a day.
- If you have used corn starch it becomes hard to the touch when dry, and this can be broken apart with a spoon and scooped up and vacuumed away.
- Do NOT use baking soda! Do NOT use any household spot removers!
Serving all of Greene County, Barry County, Christian County, Stone County, Taney County, and Lawrence County, MO, including: Springfield, Ozark, Sparta, Branson, Nixa, Bradleysville, Clever, Republic and the surrounding areas.
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Sun: 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
*Based on results of studies conducted by independent laboratories of the Chem-Dry HCE (Hot Carbonating Extraction) and P.U.R.T. (Pet Urine Removal Treatment). Allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite matter. Pet odor results based on testing with the most common odor sources found in dog and cat urine. Figures are an average across multiple tests.